- Most items circulate for 3 weeks, with the following exceptions:
- New books (from the “New” sections in the Reading Room and Arts & Music) circulate for 2 weeks.
- DVDs, games, and magazines circulate for 1 week.
- Museum passes circulate for 2 days.
All items except museum passes may be renewed once for the same period if no one is waiting for them.
The following material types are limited. Each patron may borrow up to
- 10 Adult and 6 Children’s DVDs
- 10 Adult audiobooks (Playaway and Book on CD combined)
- 6 Children’s Books on CD
- 2 Children’s Playaways
- 6 Children’s Graphic Novels
- 5 Children’s items from one author, series or subject
- 5 Music CD Boxed sets (within a total of up to 20 Music CD titles)
- 5 issues of the same Magazine
- 1 Game
- 1 eBook Reader
- 1 Musical Instrument
- 1 Museum Pass
- Most overdue materials are charged a fine of 10¢ per day with a maximum fine of $3.00 per item.
- Overdue DVDs, videos, eBook readers and musical instruments are charged a fine of $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $5.00 per item.
- Overdue museum passes are charged a fine of $5 per day with no maximum.
Lost or Damaged Items
If an item is more than 3 weeks overdue, or is returned with damage beyond normal wear and tear, the patron will be charged full replacement cost for the item, plus a processing fee of $5 per item. The patron may clear their account by returning the items if found, or paying the billed cost. Replacement items will not be accepted for lost or damaged items. If the materials belong to another library, checks must be made out to the owning library. There are no refunds, so we encourage making every effort to find the lost items since overdue fines are capped at $3-5 for most materials.
A patron is prevented from borrowing when there is $10.00 or more owed in fines or in overdue, lost or damaged materials.