The library offers free internet access at public workstations in the Reference, Arts & Music and Children’s Departments (Children’s workstations for use by children and young adults only).
Computer Use Rules
● Library card holders are allowed up to 120 minutes per day. Guest pass users are allowed 60 minutes each day.
● Your 60 minute sessions may be extended in 10 minute intervals if no one is waiting. If you need an extension but the computer does not offer one, you may inquire at the reference desk — library staff may extend your time at their discretion. (Please note that a session cannot be extended once it is ended — it is best to ask for an extension 5 minutes before your session expires.)
● You may end your session at any time by clicking the “End Session” button.
● The computers automatically shut down at the end of your session and erase any changes you made. Any files you have downloaded or created and any personal information you entered will be deleted.
The following uses of library computers are prohibited:
● Using a library card number or a guest pass other than your own
● Using a computer for illegal purposes
● Using a computer in violation of the Massachusetts General Law 272 Section 31, the Harmful to Minors statute
● Unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format
● Transmission of spam or junk mail of any type
● Transmission or display of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials
● Unauthorized access to remote computer systems
● Destruction of, damage to, or alteration of library equipment, software or network security
In addition, use of the library’s computers is subject to the library’s Internet Use Policy.
Violation of this agreement will result in loss of computer privileges.