These websites not only maintain large catalogs of books, but suggest books using clever algorithms based on user or cataloger supplied data.
- NovelistPlus (login with your library card number)
- Use your Forbes library card to access this reader’s advisory service: contains lists, reviews, feature articles, and more. Search by authors, plot lines, series, reading level, etc. NovelistPlus has large database of non-fiction titles searchable by subject, genre, tone, writing style, audience, and other criteria. (For Forbes Library patrons only. Patrons of other C/W Mars libraries may use the basic version of Novelist which is limited to fiction.)
- An online service to help people catalog their books easily, LibraryThing is also a great tool for finding good books to read. Includes user submitted ratings and reviews, crowd sourced tagging, and a powerful recommendation engine.
- Gnooks suggests articles using an artificial intelligence suggestion engine that learns from its users.
- We’re all about books—and book clubs—because both enrich our lives. LitLovers is packed with great resources to enhance your book club experience. Whether you’re selecting & reading—or thinking & talking—about books, this is the place.
What can you do on LitLovers? What can’t you do! Find a book. Find a review. Find a discussion guide. Take a course. Whip up a recipe (to match your book, of course)! Buy a gift for your host …buy one for yourself. There’s so much to do—and so much fun—you won’t want to leave.