Mystery Book Discussion Group
A lively and funny, but relaxed, discussion with other mystery readers. New members are always welcome and are encouraged to suggest new titles and themes. You can pick up a copy of this month's discussion book at the Circulation Desk.
The Mystery Book Discussion group reads books that are both good literature and interesting mysteries. Themes have included women writers, Asian, European, and Arab settings, and various periods in history.
For meeting times and upcoming titles for all our book discussion groups, see our events calendar.
The following is an incomplete list of books the group has discussed:
- The Mamur Zapt and the Return of the Carpet, by Michael Pearce.
- Case Histories, by Kate Atkinson
- Friends in High Places, by Donna Leon
- The Bone is Pointed, by Arthur Upfield
- Motherless Brooklyn, by Jonathan Lethem
- A Free Man of Color, by Barbara Hambly
- The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde
- Daughter of Time, by Josephine Tey
- The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith
- Bangkok 8, by John Burdett
- Faceless Killers, by Henning Mankele
- Motion to Suppress, by Perri O'Shaughnessy
- The Old Wine Shades, by Martha Grimes
- Kerfol, by Edith Wharton
- The Great Deliverance, by Elizabeth George
- Murder at a Vineyard Mansion, by Philip Craig
- Murder at the Gardner, by Jane Langton
- Bellows Falls, by Archer Mayor
- The Talented Mr. Ripley, by Patricia Highsmith
- The Seville Communion, by Arturo Perez-Reverte
- Sing it to Her Bones, by Marcia Talley
- Hide and Seek, by Ian Rankin
- Dying for Chocolate, by Diane Mott Davidson
- Early Autumn, by Robert Parker
- Suspicious Death, by Dorothy Simpson