Here is a selection of places in Northampton & nearby where it is possible to reserve space for meetings. (Forbes Library also has meeting rooms which may be reserved.)
- Annunciation Church
- 87 Beacon Street, Florence
- Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary
- 127 Combs Road, Easthampton, MA
Two meeting rooms. Meeting Room 1: 60 people auditorium style
Meeting Room 2: 20 people. See their website for rates and details.
- Burger King
- 344 King Street, Northampton
Community Room fits up to 30
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
- 1 Atwood Drive, Northampton
- Comfort Inn
- 237 Russell St (Rte 9), Hadley
Meeting room holds up to 40; rentals start at $75.
Contact: Connie Foster, 413-584-4800
- First Churches
- 125 Main Street, Northampton
Several meeting places ranging from parlors holding 50-75, to Lyman Hall holding 200, to the sanctuary holding up to 1,000. Requested donations vary depending on venue and number of people; call to ask.
- Florence Civic Center
- 90 Park Street, Florence
Contact: Mike Flynn, 584-5048 Mon.-Fri., 7-5
- Florence Community Center
- 140 Pine Street, Florence
Some evenings only; classroom or auditorium
- Florence Congregational Church
- 130 Pine Street, Florence
Use may need approval by church board (meets on 3rd Wednesdays); price based on number of people, type of group, etc.)
413-584-1325, Mon., Wed. & Thurs., 9-1
- Forbes Library
- 20 West Street, Northampton
Two smaller and two larger meeting places;
- Hotel Northampton
- 36 King Street, Northampton
including banquets and receptions
- Jones Library
- 43 Amity Street, Amherst
Fee if group is making money
- Lilly Library
- 19 Meadow Street, Florence
Not available to for-profit or purely social meetings; holds up to 80 people
- Look Memorial Park
- 300 North Main Street (Rte. 9), Florence
Pavilions; garden house
Contact: Jillian Larkin, 413-584-5457
- Media Education Foundation
- 60 Masonic Street, Northampton
Must be a non-profit & non-government group or a community group; fees for use of some equipment. Holds 50 for most gatherings or a few more for theater-style seating. Most Fridays are booked up for a film series.
Contact: Kelly Marciano, 413-584-8500.
- Northampton Center for the Arts
- 17 New South Street, Northampton
- Northampton Community Music Center
- 139 South Street, Northampton
Recital Hall seats 75; $80 first hour, $50 each additional hour
Large Room accommodates 20-30; $30 per hour
Medium Room accommodates 10-12; $20 per hour
Small Room accommodates 4-5; $15 per hour.
Discounts available to nonprofit organizations. Insurance rider required.
Recital hall has 75 upholstered folding chairs, two grand pianos, and music stands; renter assumes cost of piano tuning, if needed. No additional equipment provided.
Folding tables available for reception, which can be held in the front lobby – no food or drink allowed in recital hall or studio rooms.
Recital Hall will be renovated in Spring 2009.
- Northampton Friends Meeting House
- 43 Center Street, Northampton
“We happily rent our space to like-minded groups who seek spirit led solutions…”. Classrooms (seat about 12), $20; Social Room (seats about 40 – includes conference tables), $30; Worship Room (seats 50-100 – includes benches); kitchen use, $15.
Contact: Naomi Yanis, 413-586-3399
- Northampton Housing Authority – Walter Salvo House
- Must be non-profit or a community group, and be sponsored by a resident of this or one of the facilities below, or by a member of the Housing Authority. Fee: $30 an hour (2 hour minimum); may be waived in some circumstances. An application must be filled out.
Contact: John Hite, 413-584-4030 ext 211, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other places available through the same contact:
Joseph McDonald House, 49 Old South St; handicapped accessible (35 people)
Cahill Apartments, 35 Fruit St; parking not good (30 people)
John Tobin Manor, 56 Maple St., Florence; handicapped accessible (50 people)
- Owl and Raven
- 2 Conz St Unit #42, Northampton
Accessible by stairs only
Owl and Raven is available as a low-cost meeting space for likeminded community groups. Preference is given to ongoing groups that meet regularly, as our schedule can fill up quickly.
2-week minimum notice is required for scheduling
Hourly rate: $15/hour (rate negotiable for ongoing groups)
Contact: 413-341-6494 or email@example.com (email is most reliable)
Capacity: 2 separate rooms available, each with a maximum capacity of 10-12
- Packard’s – The Library Room
- 14 Masonic Street, Northampton
Maximum 10 people
- The State Room
- 35 State Street, Northampton
2,000 square foot space that can be arranged to accommodate small groups up to 60. Climate controlled and sound system.
Contact: John Nuhn, 413-586-6393 or john@35StateStreet.com
- Smith College
Requires contract and insurance liability certificate
$37.50 for nonprofits for a classroom; ask about other options (ballroom, halls, etc.)
Contact: Karen Brunette, 413-585-2892 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smith College Conference Room
Available for rental to the community for private and professional events. Can accommodate groups from five – 300. Equipped with Audio/visual capabilities and onsite professional-scale kitchen.
Contact: Addison MacDonald at email@example.com or call (413) 585-6977.
- Summit View Banquet & Meeting Hall
- 555 Northampton Street, Holyoke
- Unitarian Church
- Main Street, Northampton
Large basement room holds 50+ people, depending on configuration. Must be a non-profit & non-government or community group. Other rooms may also be available, and kitchen use for an additional $75. Fee: $50, plus $25 deposit for the key, refundable.
Contact: Misty Eastman, 413-584-1390