Here is a selection of places in Northampton & nearby where it is possible to reserve space for meetings. (Forbes Library also has meeting rooms which may be reserved.)
- Annunciation Church
- 87 Beacon Street, Florence
- Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary
- 127 Combs Road, Easthampton, MA
Two meeting rooms. Meeting Room 1: 60 people auditorium style
Meeting Room 2: 20 people. See their website for rates and details.
- Burger King
- 344 King Street, Northampton
Community Room fits up to 30
- Click Workspace
- 9½ Market Street, Northampton
Large conference room (seats up to 32), small meeting rooms (seats up to 8). White board walls, green screen video walls, podcasting space, digital projector, and projection screens/walls.
First floor event space (seats 80-100, stands 100+, evenings and weekends only) with grand piano.
Contact: Alison Klejna, email@example.com
- Comfort Inn
- 237 Russell St (Rte 9), Hadley
Meeting room holds up to 40; rentals start at $75.
Contact: Connie Foster, 413-584-4800
- First Churches
- 125 Main Street, Northampton
Several meeting places ranging from parlors holding 50-75, to Lyman Hall holding 200, to the sanctuary holding up to 1,000. Requested donations vary depending on venue and number of people; call to ask.
- Florence Civic Center
- 90 Park Street, Florence
Contact: Mike Flynn, 584-5048 Mon.-Fri., 7-5
- Florence Congregational Church
- 130 Pine Street, Florence
Use may need approval by church board (meets on 3rd Wednesdays); price based on number of people, type of group, etc.)
413-584-1325, Mon., Wed. & Thurs., 9-1
- Forbes Library
- 20 West Street, Northampton
Two smaller and two larger meeting places;
- Hotel Northampton
- 36 King Street, Northampton
including banquets and receptions
- Jones Library
- 43 Amity Street, Amherst
Fee if group is making money
- Lilly Library
- 19 Meadow Street, Florence
Not available to for-profit or purely social meetings; Room seats up to 40 people, auditorium style, without tables
- Look Memorial Park
- 300 North Main Street (Rte. 9), Florence
Pavilions; garden house
Contact: Jillian Larkin, 413-584-5457
- Northampton Community Music Center
- 139 South Street, Northampton
Recital Hall A seats 75; $140 first two hours, $60 each additional hour
Recital Hall B seats 35-40; $80 first two hours, $30 each additional hour
Large Classroom accommodates 20-30; $25 per hour
Discounts available to nonprofit organizations. Insurance rider required.
Recital hall has 75 upholstered folding chairs, two grand pianos, and music stands; renter assumes cost of piano tuning, if needed. No additional equipment provided.
Folding tables available for reception, which can be held in the front lobby – no food or drink allowed in recital hall or studio rooms.
- Northampton Friends Meeting House
- 43 Center Street, Northampton
“We happily rent our space to like-minded groups who seek spirit led solutions…”. Classrooms (seat about 12), $25; Social Room (seats about 40 – includes conference tables), $40; Worship Room (seats 50-100 – includes benches), $75; kitchen use, $15.
Contact: Peter, 617-525-2242.
- Northampton Housing Authority – Walter Salvo House
- Must be non-profit or a community group, and be sponsored by a resident of this or one of the facilities below, or by a member of the Housing Authority. Fee: $30 an hour (2 hour minimum); may be waived in some circumstances. An application must be filled out.
Contact: John Hite, 413-584-4030 ext 211, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other places available through the same contact:
Joseph McDonald House, 49 Old South St; handicapped accessible (35 people)
Cahill Apartments, 35 Fruit St; parking not good (30 people)
John Tobin Manor, 56 Maple St., Florence; handicapped accessible (50 people)
- Packard’s – The Library Room
- 14 Masonic Street, Northampton
Maximum 10 people
- The State Room
- 35 State Street, Northampton
2,000 square foot space that can be arranged to accommodate small groups up to 60. Climate controlled and sound system.
Contact: John Nuhn, 413-586-6393 or john@35StateStreet.com
- Smith College
Requires contract and insurance liability certificate
$37.50 for nonprofits for a classroom; ask about other options (ballroom, halls, etc.)
Contact: Karen Brunette, 413-585-2892 or email@example.com
- Smith College Conference Room
Available for rental to the community for private and professional events. Can accommodate groups from five – 300. Equipped with Audio/visual capabilities and onsite professional-scale kitchen.
Contact: Addison MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 585-6977.
- Summit View Banquet & Meeting Hall
- 555 Northampton Street, Holyoke
- The Unitarian Society of Northampton and Florence
- Main Street, Northampton
Large basement room holds 50+ people, depending on configuration. Must be a non-profit & non-government or community group. Other rooms may also be available, and kitchen use for an additional $75. Fee: $50, plus $25 deposit for the key, refundable.