- Patron must have a current Adult library card in good standing from Forbes or another library in the C/WMARS network.
- The E-Reader must be checked out and returned at the Forbes Library Arts & Music desk on the second floor and handed directly to a staff person to check in.
- The E-Reader may not be returned to another library, nor placed in the book or media drop outside.
- To reserve an E-Reader, sign up on the waiting list at the Arts & Music desk. Specify which E-Reader (Sony Reader, Kobo, Nook, Nook Color, Kindle) you want. E-Readers are not holdable through inter-library loan.
- E-Readers are loaned for three weeks.
- E-Readers can not be “Claimed Returned”
- If overdue, the fee is $1 per day.
- Any purchases made by patrons are patron’s sole financial responsibility.
The patron is responsible for replacement or lost or damaged E-Readers, parts and accessories. Replacement charges are as follows:
- Sony Reader PRS-600: $200 (includes processing fee)
- Kindle: $220 (includes processing fee)
- B&N Nook: $180 (includes processing fee)
- Nook Color $280 (includes processing fee)
- Kobo eReader: $160 (includes processing fee)
- Kindle BookCover: $30
- Sony Reader Sleeve: $5
- Sony Reader Stylus: $30
- miniUSB/Power Plug adapter (Kindle, Nook): $10
- USB 2.0 Cable: $5
- Instruction booklet/Quick Start Guide : $5
- Tote bag: $15
- Battery: $50
The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of device. The Library is not responsible for downloaded content on the device. Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials is strictly prohibited.