Forms available at Forbes
Most tax forms are available for free online and can be printed. The library charges 20¢ a page or 30¢ a double-sided sheet for printing. In addition, the following forms are available free of charge in the library:
- IRS Form 1040 [not yet arrived]
- IRS Form 1040A
- IRS Form 1040EZ [not yet arrived]
- Massachusetts Resident and Non-Resident/Part-Year Tax Booklets have arrived.
- Massachusetts Form 1 / Form 1-NR/PY
- Massachusetts Schedule B
- Massachusetts Schedule C
- Massachusetts Schedule C-1
- Massachusetts Schedule CB
- Massachusetts Schedule D
- Massachusetts Schedule DI
- Massachusetts Schedule HC
- Massachusetts Schedule NTS-L-NR/PY (non-resident/part-year only)
- Massachusetts Schedule R/NR (non-resident/part-year only)
- Massachusetts Schedule RF
- Massachusetts Schedule X
- Massachusetts Schedule Y
- Massachusetts Schedule Z
- Instructions, worksheets, and tax-tables.
Official Forms and Publications
- Internal Revenue Service
- Official information and resources for federal taxes including the Federal Income Tax.
- Forms and Publications – including forms and instructions
- Online Services – including filing online and online payments
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about federal taxes
- IRS Form 4868 – to file for an extension
- Instructions for IRS Form 1040 – Tax Tables start on page 77.
- Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) – For tax problems which can’t be resolved through normal IRS channels.
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Personal income tax, child support, and business information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Federation of Tax Administrators
- Click on a state to find tax forms from different states.
Local Tax Assistance
- Northampton Senior Center Tax Preparation
- Northampton seniors are given first priority. Basic tax forms only.
Wednesdays, 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon, February 3 through April 13th, 2016.
Seniors need to call Northampton Senior Services to schedule an appointment. Call 413-587-1228 to make an appointment or to ask about eligibility for this service.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- February 9 to April 13, 2016
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
Student volunteers will assist taxpayers with the preparation of their Federal and State income tax returns for domestic and international tax returns.
Useful Tax Information
- Tax Credits
- A summary of Federal and Massachusetts tax credits from massresources.org.