We will be closing at 4:00 PM today, February 8, because of the snowstorm.
Forms available at Forbes
Most tax forms are available for free online and can be printed. The library charges 20¢ a page or 30¢ a double-sided sheet for printing. In addition, the following forms are available free of charge in the library:
- IRS Form 1040 [not yet arrived]
- IRS Form 1040A
- IRS Form 1040EZ [not yet arrived]
- Massachusetts Resident and Non-Resident/Part-Year Tax Booklets have arrived.
- Massachusetts Form 1 / Form 1-NR/PY
- Massachusetts Schedule B
- Massachusetts Schedule C
- Massachusetts Schedule C-1
- Massachusetts Schedule CB
- Massachusetts Schedule D
- Massachusetts Schedule DI
- Massachusetts Schedule HC
- Massachusetts Schedule NTS-L-NR/PY (non-resident/part-year only)
- Massachusetts Schedule R/NR (non-resident/part-year only)
- Massachusetts Schedule RF
- Massachusetts Schedule X
- Massachusetts Schedule Y
- Massachusetts Schedule Z
- Instructions, worksheets, and tax-tables.
Official Forms and Publications
- Internal Revenue Service
- Official information and resources for federal taxes including the Federal Income Tax.
- Forms and Publications – including forms and instructions
- Online Services – including filing online and online payments
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about federal taxes
- IRS Form 4868 – to file for an extension
- Instructions for IRS Form 1040 – Tax Tables start on page 77.
- Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) – For tax problems which can’t be resolved through normal IRS channels.
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Personal income tax, child support, and business information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Federation of Tax Administrators
- Click on a state to find tax forms from different states.
Local Tax Assistance
- Northampton Senior Center Tax Preparation
- Northampton seniors are given first priority. Basic tax forms only.
Wednesdays, 9-12, February 3 through April 13th, 2016.
Seniors need to call Northampton Senior Services to schedule an appointment. Call 413-587-1228 to make an appointment or to ask about eligibility for this service.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- February 9 to April 13, 2016
4:00 – 6:30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings student volunteers will assist taxpayers with the preparation of their Federal and State income tax returns for domestic and international tax returns.
Useful Tax Information
- Tax Credits
- A summary of Federal and Massachusetts tax credits from massresources.org.