Consistent with the mission of Forbes Library to provide a friendly physical environment which can serve as a community meeting place and in which it encourages curiosity, free inquiry and lifelong learning, a study room is now available on the second floor. The room is intended for small group study and tutoring only. It allows groups to talk, discuss and plan without disturbing, or being disturbed by, other patrons.
The Bak Study Room is approximately 12' x 11' and contains a table and several chairs. For larger groups, meeting rooms are also available.
- Reservations will be taken in person or by phone at A&M desk only (413-587-1013) during open hours. Online reservations must be confirmed by our email to you.
- 3-hour limit per group per day to ensure fair distribution among library patrons
- Patrons are limited to 5 outstanding reservations at any time
- Picture ID is required for sign-up sheet with proof of identity, address, and phone number
- Limited to groups of 2-6 people
- For safety reasons, never leave a child/children unattended by an adult
- Study room will be closed 30 minutes before library closing
- A staff member must initially unlock the room for you
- Please be on time; if you are 15 minutes late or if you vacate the room for over 15 minutes, you forfeit your reservation and the room may be given to another group
- Do not leave valuables unattended in study room; the library is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property
- Only the library's dry-erase markers are to be used on the white boards. Please ask at A&M desk for markers and magnets for the boards.
- Study room is intended for quiet group study/projects. Talking is allowed, however, excessive noise and/or disruptive behavior will result in suspension of study room privileges for one month
- Study room use is free to those who are not using it for profit or commercial use. For professional tutoring, the Meeting Room Fee Schedule applies.
- Study room will be monitored; library staff has the authority to expel groups using the study room inappropriately
- Failure to show up for a reservation may result in loss of privilege to reserve room in the future
- Abuse of study room and rules governing use or damage to study room may result in loss of library privileges