Holds and Interlibrary Loan
C/W MARS provides guides for using the online catalog. For additional assistance, please call us.
If the requested item is not available in C/W MARS, patrons can request materials through the State Virtual Catalog.
- How long does the library hold requested items for pickup?
- We hold requested items for one week. This cannot be extended.
- How will I know when requested items are ready for pick-up?
- We will send you an email when your items arrive. You may also check on the status of your hold whenever the library is open, either in person or by calling 413-587-1012.
- How many requests may I have at one time?
- You may have 20 C/W MARS requests at one time.
- Can someone else pick up my holds?
- Yes, but they must have picture ID and your prior authorization. Your holds will still be checked out to your account.
- To authorize someone just to pick up your holds, please visit the main desk.
- If you have a disability that makes visiting the library difficult you may authorize someone to use your card on your behalf, generally. Please see our page on proxy borrowers.
- Who can place requests at Forbes library?
- Anyone with a C/W MARS library card may place requests at Forbes library.