Forms available at Forbes
Most tax forms are available for free online and can be printed. The library charges 20¢ a page or 30¢ a double-sided sheet for printing. In addition, the following forms are available free of charge in the library:
- IRS Form 1040 and instructions (2017 forms are here!)
- IRS Form 1040A and instructions
- IRS Form 1040EZ and instructions (2017 forms are here!)
- Massachusetts Resident and Non-Resident/Part-Year Tax Booklets (2017 forms are here!)
Official Forms and Publications
- Internal Revenue Service
- Official information and resources for federal taxes including the Federal Income Tax.
- Forms and Publications – including forms and instructions
- IRS Tools – including filing online and online payments
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about federal taxes
- IRS Form 4868 – to file for an extension
- Instructions for IRS Form 1040 – Including Tax Table.
- Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) – For tax problems which can’t be resolved through normal IRS channels.
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Personal income tax, child support, and business information for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Local Tax Assistance
- Community Action: Free Tax-Assistance Program
- For eligible residents of Franklin County, Hampshire County and the North Quabbin towns of Athol, Petersham, Royalston, and Phillipston. Eligibility is determined by income amount and type of income.
Call 413-376-1136 on or after January 2nd to make an appointment.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- February 6, 2018 to April 12 2018
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
There are no services the week of March 11th.
Student volunteers will assist taxpayers with the preparation of their Federal and State income tax returns for domestic and international tax returns.
- Northampton Senior Center Tax Preparation
- Northampton seniors given first priority. No further appointments will be made in 2018.